Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Big Ticket Items Arrive

The fuel servo. I got this bad boy at Anderson and Sons Aircraft salvage in California. I am going to mount it on this angle adapter to see if I can get a little better angle for the SCAT tubing.


The prop finally got here . Its an Aerocomposites constant speed. It was a little more money than the MT, but it looks and feels sturdier and it is gorgeous. I can't wait to bolt it on . And yes, it will sit right there on the carpet in my office until I do.


The biggest ticket item, an IO-540 300 horsepower engine. I got a real "deal" on this by snapping it up from an Extra 300 that crashed with only 300 hours on the engine since new. I sent it up to Penn Yan for a disassembly and inspection only to find out that it was trashed. The bad news is that it cost me a fortune to have it rebuilt with almost everything except the case replaced. The good news is that I have an essentially new engine for around $10 k less than a new one. I guess its all a matter of perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment