Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Cowl








But the cowl turned out great and really made the plane look more like a real aircraft. It added almost 4 feet to the length. I kept coming to the garage door and looking out at it that night. A Velocity in my garage!





The garage needed a major cleanup after the cowl.





Like I said, my wife is very patient and has resigned herself to having a filthy husband on nights and weekends along with a certain amount of "collateral damage".





Lots of seams means lots of filler..... and sanding dust.





Inside and outside views of the new cut line.





The weather has warmed up and it's time to get back to glassing. I started with the cowling. It is actually much simpler than the cowl on my first Velocity, since all the ducts on the XL are in the fuselage.

No comments:

Post a Comment