Thursday, January 14, 2010

... because We Ride. 2 for 1... sorta.

For this weeks '...because We Ride' bicycle segment we have the head of our shipping department, Jeff Bolt and his IRO 29er. Here's a little write up from J-Bolt himself:

This is my IRO 29er. I built this up towards the end of last summer. It’s the first MTB that I’ve ever had. Ryan and Jacobi were going out a lot to the various (and great) trails in our area and it seemed like a lot of fun so I got Tony at IRO to help me out with it. I only got out on the trails a couple times last fall, but can’t wait to get out again. Since we get some brutal winters here in west Michigan I re-purposed it for the winter as a snow commuter, just trying to get the most use out of it as possible. I didn’t put much time or money into customizing this bike, I just built it as cheap as I could to see if I would really even get into mountain biking. I’m sure someday I’ll build up some uber nice 29er with a bunch of fancy components (maybe with a bigger frame), but for now this is all I need in a MTB.

Bicycle Spec:

Frame: Iro 29er (22” still a bit small for my stupid tall self)
Fork: Iro
Wheelset: Celeste Blunts laced with black DT Swiss Competition spokes and black DT nips to Velocity lightweight disc front and single speed disc rear hubs
Tires: Continental Mountain King 2.2
Pedals: Crank Brothers Egg Beaters
Crank: Iro 175mm
Chain: KMC Z chain

Freewheel: Shimano 17t
Bottom Bracket: Iro eccentric
Handlebars: Truvativ Hussefelt
Stem: Truvativ XR
Headset: FSA
Brakeset: Avid BB7 w/ 160mm rotors
Saddle: Specialized shop take off
Seat Post: Iro

Other Accessories: Black and a Celeste Velocity Velocage (R.I.P.), Planet Bike 29er Fenders (just for the winter)

Big thanks to Tony at IRO for the help with this bike he’s a good dude to deal with!

_

The next bike we have is actually coming to us from our brethren in Australia. You might remember Adam Pelzer's pseudo Bianchi from last month. This morning we got a email from him saying it's time to part ways with one of his steeds.


Here's a little run down on the bike:

· DACCORDI PURSUIT BIKE

· BUILT EARLY 1980'S FOR LA OLYMPICS.

· WHITE PEARL PAINT.

· COLUMBUS SL TUBING.

· COLUMBUS TIPS.

· NO BRAKE DRILLS.

· MINT FRAME.

· WHITE VELOCITY AEROHEAD WHEELSET, 36H SEALED BEARING HUBSET FIX/FIXED.

· 520mm 24x1 1/8" FRONT WHEEL

· 622mm 700c REAR WHEEL

· SUGINO SUPER MIGHTY 52T TRACK CRANKSET

· STRONGLIGHT 1" THREADED ROLLER BEARING HEADSET

· THOMPSON 27.2mm POST

· WHITE TURBO SADDLE

· CAMPAGNOLO ITALIAN BOTTOM BRACKET

· 16T 1/8" COG

· GOLD KMC 710 CHAIN

· BULLHORNS

· SCHWALBE STELVIO TYRES

· CENTRE TO CENTRE SEAT TUBE 57cm

· CENTRE TO CENTRE TOP TUBE 55cm

NO PEDALS

RIDDEN A FEW LAPS OF VELODROME SINCE REBUILD

WILL PACK AND SHIP WORLD WIDE.

$1800 AUD

Interested? Email Adam directly here: adam@velocitywheels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment