Tuesday, February 9, 2010

*heart*

Leave it to MD to find a way of using a heart icon in his 'because we ride' post. But I must say he gives Jacobi a run on creativity of post. Enjoy:

I my IRO

I love this bike. I got my IRO Mark V straight from Mr. IRO himself…Tony is great people. I am strictly a recreational rider. A mere poser in comparison to most of my colleagues and customers, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying a ride on my fixed gear cruiser. Every time I plant my cheeks on the cushy leather saddle I feel years younger. It’s as if I have breathed new life and peace into my soul. I am whisked back to a simpler time in my life where my bike was my freedom. My faithful pedaled steed that would carry its young voyager from adventure to adventure, anywhere I wanted to go. The path was mine to choose and the opportunities were endless. As long as I told my mother exactly where I was going first, and I was home before the street lights came on. The only adventure I get on my IRO is a trip to the playground with my girlfriends little girl, a quick run to the closest party store to grab another 40, or the occasional drunken midnight stroll under the waxing crescent moon and star studded sky…just because I can.

I ran it as a single speed for less than a week. When I was sick of being called a pussy by my co-worker I flipped it and It’s been a fixed gear ever since. The frame and most components are still from IRO, but it’s a constant work in progress. Dimension hand-stitched leather grips, Shimano caliper front brake, Cane Creek brake lever, and a sweet leather saddle that I got at the Hand Made Bike Show in Portland…I can’t remember the make but I got a great deal on it because it didn’t have the brand label on it. 28mm white Vittoria Randonneur tires. And, of course, it sports bright gold Velocity Deep V rims, gold Velocity track hubs, DT Swiss double butted silver spokes, brass nipples, laced one cross MSW in the front, and three cross NONmsw in the rear…Built by yours truly. BOOSH!

No comments:

Post a Comment